The sink faucet in the head was not the original, which had been replaced by perhaps the cheapest thing on
the market. It was leaky, completely corroded and the spigot was so low we had to nearly climb into the sink to access
the water. This got replaced at the same time as the kitchen faucet.
Installation wasn’t too difficult
as standard faucets work fine with little modification. Again, we chose an oil brushed bronze finish, because
we figured in such a harsh environment it was going to end up that color anyway. The higher spigot
makes it much easier to get to the water too. We were really happy with the results.
| || |
~ Sink Faucet Before ~ ||
Sink Faucet After ~ |
~ Shower Before ~ |
Replacing the faucet in the shower stall was more of a challenge. We searched, researched, assembled, disassembled,
reassembled and returned many parts. We had two holes, 4” on center to deal with. We finally decided modifications
would have to be made. I had given up just as Don got inspired.
It took him three trips to the
hardware store, a Dremmel tool, some drilling, and a fair amount of ingenious modification, but the results were
fabulous. We ended up with handles and a back plate that matched the sink fixture, and a nice 8 setting
shower head. I slapped on a pause valve, so we can turn the shower down to a drip and save water, and everything
fit like it was meant to be.
| || |
~ New Shower Head ~ ||
New Shower Faucet ~ |